23 October, 2014 Sephora Haul Part #1
If you’re a beauty addict like me, chances are you’ve been on the Sephora website and loaded up your online shopping basket with brands that are impossible to get a hold of in the UK. Two weeks ago I found myself browsing the newest releases page, and the next thing I knew I was selecting my samples at the checkout. It all happened so fast! Because I ordered so much beauty goodness I’m splitting this haul into two parts, with this week’s post focusing on lip products, and next week’s all about complexion products and skincare.
Sephora Favourites – Give Me More Lip
Sephora are known for their brilliant value sets, and the Give Me More Lip set has received loads of positive reviews on Youtube, so I knew it would be the first thing to add to my basket. It’s a 17-piece set featuring a mix of nude, pink, berry and red lip products, and the brands included are amazing: Hourglass, Too Faced, Kat Von D, Laura Mercier, Tarte, the list goes on. At $59 for 17 lip products (at a value of $192), you really do get to a huge choice of textures, finishes and shades, and the sizes are mostly deluxe samples.
Each product in the set is listed below, and I’ll swatch my favourites from each colour category:
– 0.05 oz bareMinerals Marvelous Moxie™ Lipstick in Speak Your Mind – bright pink, cream finish
– 0.01 oz Benefit Cosmetics Hydrating Tinted Lip Balm in Posie – light pink/peach, sheer finish
– 0.07 oz Bite Beauty Luminous Crème Lipstick in Palomino – fluro pink, semi-matte finish
– 0.04 oz Buxom Mini Full Bodied lipstick in Menace – deep wine, cream finish
– 0.08 oz Fresh Sugar Berry Tinted Lip Treatment – mid-tone wine, sheer/stain finish
– 0.03 oz Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon – deep red, glossy to matte finish
– 0.10 oz Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Outlaw – brick red, semi-matte finish
– 0.09 oz Laura Mercier Lip Glacé in Blush – pink-nude, glossy finish
– 0.07 oz Laura Mercier Crème Smooth Lip Colour in Red Armour – true red, cream finish
– 0.018 oz MAKE UP FOR EVER Waterproof Lip Liner Pencil – nude-beige, glossy finish
– 0.08 oz Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Black Dahlia Lip Tar – oxblood, matte finish
– 0.068 oz Sephora Collection Rouge Infusion in Red Essence – deep blue red, glossy finish
– 0.04 oz Stila Stay All Day® Vinyl Lip Gloss in Nude Vinyl – nude-beige, semi-matte finish
– 0.06 oz Tarte LipSurgence Lip Tint in Moody – mid-tone purple, sheer/stain finish
– 0.04 oz Tarte LipSurgence Power Pigment in Flush – deep pink, glossy finish
– 0.05 oz Too Faced Cosmetics La Creme Color Drenched Lip Cream in Naked Dolly – pale pink, sheer finish
– 0.16 oz Too Faced Cosmetics Melted Liquefied Long Wear Lipstick in Fuchsia – bright lilac pink, semi-matte finish
First up is Stila’s Stay All Day Vinyl Lip Gloss in Nude Vinyl. This is a gorgeous nude with a slightly brown undertone, making it really easy to wear and because of the glossy formula, it’s really hydrating on my lips. I used a nude lipliner in this swatch as I wear this as more of a lipstick than a gloss, and it’s the perfect lip colour for days when I fancy something on my lips, but want my makeup to look understated and low maintenance.
Next is a deep red, in the form of Sephora’s Collection Rouge Infusion in Red Essence. The formula of this liquid lipstick is quite odd in that it dries super quickly but retains a glossy finish even after eating and drinking. The colour would be stunning on deeper skin tones and as Halloween is coming up, this is the perfect vampy, almost black red lipstick that would suit a smoky eye and lashings of mascara.
The one full-size lip product in the set is the Tarte LipSurgence Power Pigment in Flush. This is a deep, intense pink with a minty fragrance, and it’s so easy to apply. Having a lipstick in a crayon form is really convenient and the colour is surprisingly wearable considering how vibrant it is. Paired with neutral eye makeup and a tan, this would look seriously gorgeous and requires barely any touching up because of the high pigmentation in the pencil.
Lastly is a new handbag essential that I’ve been taking everywhere with me recently – Fresh’s Sugar Berry Tinted Lip Treatment. The tube is tiny but the colour is so pretty I don’t really mind. The formula is incredibly lightweight and moisturising, and when it fades you’re left with a gorgeous wine-coloured stain that looks natural and effortless.
If you can’t tell by now I’m seriously impressed with this set from Sephora, and probably won’t be purchasing any new lip products for a while! You can buy the Give Me More Lip set here for $59 (£38.78) – shipping to the UK is only £6.
Let me know in the comments your thoughts on the set, if you’re considering buying it, or if you’ve ever ordered from Sephora before, and keep your eyes peeled for the second part of the haul next week!